CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

P90X Benefits: Rewired Brain

I've shared with many of you that I have experienced more benefits than merely physical ones since beginning my journey last April.

The physical benefits are obvious.

There's no doubt that weight loss, decrease in inches, loss of fat, and a generally more sculpted physique are definite perks to intentional, consistent exercise.

But there's more. More that you can't see. Well, you can . . . and yet, you can't.

For example, there's this one benefit that is all in my head.

At least, it STARTS in my head, where you can't see it. Over time, however, this benefit has moved to my FEET and been transformed into ACTIONS you can see.

What is it?

Mental fortitude.

In a nutshell, exercise had developed a "go get it" attitude that has manifest itself in many crazy ways in my life. There is something about P90X specifically that builds an internal determination to keep going, push harder, and finish strong.

Today, for example, during a workout that I DIDN'T WANT TO DO (yep, that even happens to me), I realized that I have a switch in my head that now gets automatically flipped when I'm about to throw in the towel.

The switch turns on a laser-guided determination to forge ahead. To do one more rep. To improve my statistics from the prior week.

I am more clear headed and internally focused than I have been in years.

P90X has rewired my brain.

This new mental fortitude has also provided me with the courage to:
  • Audition and land a role in a show. (Something I've not done in 7 years)
  • Apply for every writing job that meets my passions and interests. (And learn a new skill that I'll need for a wonderful opportunity that has come my way)
  • Admit that there are some areas of my life that need to be pruned. (Always a difficult process, but essential for growth)
  • Assign new goals for myself which compliment my personal priorities in life (Jesus, my family, and my desire to motivate and encourage others)
  • Attack my day with purpose and efficiency. (Rather than stumbling though it haphazardly and then falling into bed with nothing to show for my efforts)
There is a renewed fire within me that's been missing since my mid-30's. 

And to think, all I wanted was a flat belly and to wear a bikini once again.

Now, my brain is looking mighty darn hot also.

P90X: brain surgery for the SOUL.

1 comment: