CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Art of Rubbing Off

In the past year and a half, my husband has lost 20 lbs and gained back 25 lbs due to stress.

In the midst of this transformation, he encouraged me to become a Beachbody Coach.

See, he believes I can do anything.

Thanks, babe.

So, here I am this past March.  I'm out of shape and yet choosing to become a Beachbody Coach so that I can hold myself accountable to whipping my booty back into shape. I embark on a 90 day fitness journey. On the way, I grab everyone I can and encourage them to join me.

However, the one person I wanted by my side during this fitness commitment wasn't ready to commit. He too became a Beachbody Coach with the hopes of it fueling him to start anew. He began Shakeology. He started, and stopped, and started, and stopped RevAbs.

And then?

Light.  A glimmer of hope.

A race.

The CARROT.

A challenging, colorful, rocky, muddy, grueling, sticky hot and humid 13.1 trail race in the middle of August.

He began training. Running. First day out? 4 miles. He started strength training and abdominal work. He. Started. Moving.

Joyfully.

We slapped money down on the race and new trail running shoes.

No turning back.

I chose ChaLEAN Extreme - a program that would be completely out of my comfort zone. He chose a half-marathon through the woods - no pavement. Completely out of his comfort zone.

Chuck the comfort zone.  I am convinced that we all need to chuck the comfort zones in our lives if we HONESTLY want to make lifestyle changes.

I think my stealth plan of just sticking to ChaLEAN and hoping he'd be moved enough by my personal results to make changes in his own life is finally working.

I'm so slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment