CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The PUSH to Reach Day 60

Day 1-30 in the Burn Circuit Phase of ChaLEAN Extreme was fun, motivating, and just as exciting as opening that perfect Christmas present that you picked out in June.  I wanted a physical change so badly I could taste it. I followed everything Chalene told me.  To the letter.

Within 4 weeks, I had dropped 7 lbs and 9.5 inches.

I entered the Push Circuit pumped, ready to go, but a bit cocky.  The "toy" was still fun, and I was committed to playing with it, but this circuit proved more difficult, and thus, the challenge of it started to wane on me a bit. I let my guard down on eating well, sneaking in some old friends . . . buffalo wings, candy, drinks, Chicago-style everything while on a trip away from home. Figured that would be cool 'cause I was doing so well. I then got sidetracked for week due to a few angry muscles in my back that didn't care for the mattress I chose while on a weekend getaway with some friends.

Slip a little, Jo?

Just a tad.

Still, with the exception of the week off for the back, I kept with the exercise and dabbled in eating correctly.  I struggled through some of the workouts, not prepared for what Chalene really meant when she would quip, "Go heavy, or go home!"

Here I thought I was lifting heavy. Until this phase entered my life.

Today, marks Day 60 on the program. G'by Push Circuit. Hello, Lean Circuit.

During Push, even with occassionally falling off the culinary wagon, I have these results to report from Day 30-60 on ChaLEAN Extreme:

Weight: Down 3 lbs.  (officially down 10 lbs from Day 1)

Waist: Down 1/2 inch

Hips: Down 2 inches

Abductors, Chest, Right Arm, Left Arm, and Thighs all remained the same from Day 30 to now.

Body Fat Percentage: Down another 2%  (officially down 6.4% from Day 1)

Size 8 is too large.

I have nothing to wear.

So, despite my weaknesses in the eating department, I am still making progress. I am now just about 10 lbs. from my weight goal.

I've been going at this for 60 days, and have been inviting you to come along with me.  Time for you to share.

What changes have you made in 60 days?
What "risks" have you taken to jump-start a fitness journey?
What's the plan?  Or is the plan to just continue doing what you're doing because it's comfortable?

I don't normally use George Costanza from Seinfeld as a model for, well, anything, but in one episode, The Opposite, George makes the decision to disregard and ignore every instinct he's ever had, and chooses to do the opposite.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing, and regret it for the rest of the day, so now I will do the opposite, and I will do something!"

Perhaps he had a point?

Think about it. And then get back to me when you are ready to get out of your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment