CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Excuses, Excuses. I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

I made them for years.

Excuses.

I am GREAT at making excuses.

For years, my excuse always started with, "I'll start when . . ."

Do you know that one?

"When life slows down."

"When my kids are older."

When, when, when.

WHEN?!!!!

What are your excuses when it comes to starting an exercise program and sticking with it?

Mine are:
  • I'll get to it later in the day
  • I've got to get the rest of the house clean first
  • I can't with the kids needing my attention
  • I don't have equipment
  • I'm not in the right "season" to make that a priority
  • I can't workout alone
  • I'll start at the New Year

I used to always have a reason as to why I couldn't exercise.  Now, I always have a reason as to why I CAN. 

I had to RETRAIN my head.  RETRAIN my thinking.

Once again, I'd rather hear someone be straight up and truthful about a lack of consistent exercise, "I hate it.  I don't want to do it.  It is not a priority" rather than using excuses as a cover for disinterest.

What are your excuses?

If you are willing to have me help you stuff those excuses in a steamer trunk, lock it, and then chuck that trunk in the river to swim with the fishes, I'd be glad to help.

PLEASE don't wait until New Year's - that's a sure fire set-up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment