CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Are You Wearing a Wristband to the Complaint-fest?

A friend emailed me a link to a post this morning, and I just HAD to re-post it here, for it sums up my sentiments exactly as I would pen them, if I took the time to dig them out of my brain.

If you find yourself to be a habitual complainer, read this.

If you are in denial about being a habitual complainer, or are a closet complainer, you should read this.

If you have broken free from being a habitual complainer, celebrate, and read this.  Know that by changing teams, your relationships with those that are stuck in a complaining mode will most likely undergo a change.

This is my WHOLE point with the exercise and nutrition dealio:  how many times do your hear either yourself or someone else utter, "I need to workout more" and yet IT NEVER HAPPENS?

I was there.  Really, I was.  The past 5 years have been an on again, off again, affair with eating healthy and exercising.  Truth be told, I wanted the RESULTS, but didn't want to actually do anything to get those results.  Which, truly, is where a majority of people fall on the whole exercise front.

I have now built consistency into my life. How?
  • By choosing a workout program designed for me by the good folks over at Team Beachbody 
  • By surrounding myself with like-minded people
  • By following the program - even when I didn't feel like it 

Choosing.  Surrounding.  Following.

Beachbody puts it this way:  Decide (to start a program), Commit (along with others like yourself), Succeed (keep going - the benefits will be worth the sacrifice).

Currently, I am having to do some major shifting with regards to my workout, for while I enjoy Turbofire, I am training for a half-marathon and need to get runs in a few times a week.

I also miss weight-lifting.

So, what have I done?  I've hooked up with my friend and personal Beachbody Coach to plan out what the next few months will look like if we hybrid Turbofire/ChaLEAN Extreme.  Together.

We will do it together.

She's an iron-sharpener, that one . . . Proverbs 27:17.  I have a number of  iron-sharpeners in my life.

So, here are the tough questions:

Do your friends sharpen you or add to your dull/flat ex and interior?
Are you sharpening your friends, or joining them in the complaint-fest?

Just had to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment