CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Half-Marathon

I'm ready for my next challenge.

Yes, I am currently tackling Turbofire, but after running my strongest 5K a few weeks ago, I decided that my body can handle another half-marathon.

Today, I threw out 5 miles.  Just to test my endurance and strength.

Clearly, ChaLEAN Extreme has built up both my muscular strength and endurance.  Turbofire has increased my cardiovascular stamina.

Cross-training.

It's where it's at.

My legs were loose the entire time.  I didn't try to freak my speed or push too hard.  Just took a nice run through Beaver while listening to music and wondering if I should tackle the Buffalo Creek Half Marathon in October.  The answer was a resounding "YES!"

My last half (back in November) went well.  October is beautiful and not as chilly.  This course has been said to be terrific.  I am in better shape than I was last November.  So, why not?

For me, it's all about pushing myself to the next challenge.  Moving forward.

How are you moving forward with your health and fitness goals?

From now until race day on October 16th, you'll see me running through Beaver (well, if you live here).  Every Friday, I will add 1 mile to my course, reaching 10 miles one week before the race.  So, if you see me, wave, give me a cheer, and if you happen to be watering the plants or grass, turn that hose on me.

Oh, and stop asking if I'll ever do a marathon.

Not interested.  My motto is, "13.1.  I don't go all the way."

And I have the t-shirt to prove it.

Thank you, Team Beachbody, for turning me into a maniac.  Best go order some more P90X Recovery Formula . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment