CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Random Thoughts While Running #3

Yes, it's that time again!

The post where I open up and share my not so deep, sometimes witty, completely random thoughts that fly through my mind while on a run with myself.

Coming off my disastrous 8 mile run from last week, I was nervous for my 9 miles scheduled for Thursday morning.  Mentally I was being challenged ("I can't possibly do this."), and physically I was feeling less than energized at the prospect of running for 90 minutes plus.

Thursday morning came, and so did the rain.  As Friday's forecast looked more promising, I decided to reschedule my run, struggling over whether my reason for doing so was truly due to rain, or perhaps, fear.

Friday morning arrived.  Sunny and beautiful.

I drank my morning cup of coffee, and then, thinking that dehydration could have been a contributing factor to my rough go last week, chugged a cup of P90X recovery formula, before walking Zane to school.

After the obligatory fist pump send off my with son, I took a deep breath, and began.
  • I am stinkin' scared.
  • Legs feel good.
  • Just relax, start slow. I started out too fast last week.
  • "And the bass keep runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin'"
  •  Huh.  Feeling good.
  • Just get through the back road part and you'll be good. Hate running back here . . .
  • It's freaky back here.
  • There goes Justin Timberlake again, telling me I'm his love and junk.  Such a good running partner.  No worries, George isn't threatened.
  • Hey Sue!
  • Hi Eileen!  Oh . . That's not Eileen.  Oops.
  • Wow.  I don't think I could have placed an order for such a perfect running day.  Thanks, God.
  • Why am I feeling so good? I must have miscalculated the mileage.
  • This reminds me of my first 10 mile run when Harper was 18 months old.  Feels that good.  What gives?
  • P90X recovery drink:  the answer?  Or am experiencing a placebo effect?
  • Should I stop at a friend's house to use the bathroom?
  • Seriously, think I may need to go, but if I stop, I may never get going again.
  • "Now I believe there comes a time. When everything just falls in line.  We live an' learn from our mistakes.  The deepest cuts are healed by faith."
  • Hey Sue!
  • Where's my Marleney driving through town when I need to see another friendly face?
  • Wonder how Misty's 10 mile went today?
  • How can I almost be done?
  • "On Saturday . . ."
  • Mileage is for sure wrong.  Crap.  How did I screw that up?
  • Shoot.  I forgot my key and forgot to tell George to leave back door unlocked.  I can always go to Rachel's.
  • Locked, locked, locked, locked . . .
  • FORGET ABOUT THE DOOR.  JUST RUN!
  • Hill's a comin'.
  • Seriously, this is the end of my run?  I feel this strong?  I bet that was only 8 miles.
  • 1:38:09.  No way that was 9.
The backdoor was unlocked, thankfully.  I let myself in, made another glass of P90X Recovery drink, and sat down at the computer to calculate.

9.24 miles at a 10:37 pace.  I was shocked.  I'm not sure what contributed to my loose legs or faster pace per mile, but it was true.  I had just run 9 miles at a pace which was almost 1 minute faster than my usual long run pace.

Which, of course, like a first time novelist, makes me wonder if I can do it again.

I felt fantastic all day and then fell asleep at 9:30 PM.  I have had absolutely no pain or physical stress over the distance . . . but my pillow was definitely waving me in.

Until next week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment