CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Thoughts While Running #4

Remember the movie The Fog?

I do.

This morning I awoke to fog.  Lots of thick fog. No, no, no, not in my head. Ever since I made exercise an intentional part of my life, my inner fog has lifted. 

This fog was the real deal.  I almost grabbed a small clip-on blinking orange light to attach to my shorts for my run, but I figured I'd be fine.

I did choose to take my gloves.  That was a good call.  I can't run with cold fingers.

As I started out for my 10 mile run, I realized that until the fog lifted, I'd have to keep off the actual road and opt for the sidewalks.  If you are a runner, you know that sidewalks suck. 

But, safety first.

So, what else was I thinking about for 1 hour and 52 minutes?
  • My $1 gloves were a fantastic buy.  Where am I going to put them when it warms up?
  • Headlights.  That's all I see.  Headlights.  Nothing else.
  • Fog in the cemetery.  Very creepy-cool.
  • "Oh who would ever want to be king?"
  • The river looks AMAZING with the fog hanging on the top of the water.  Can barely see the barge - that's how thick this stuff is.
  • Gloves off.  Tucked under the hat.
  • Where's Sue today????
  • Justin Timberlake doesn't seem to be running with me today.  He must be cheating on me with Lori Bedell.  Wow.  And I thought we were friends. 
  • Why don't people smile when you pass them?  I know you see me - don't pretend you don't.
  • Are the Miller's home?
  • What's going in that new construction where the workmen just waved to me from the window?
  • Come on!  Don't pretend you don't see me.  At least smile and nod.
  • Those three old guys walk together everyday.  So cute.
  • Jesus is able to reach everyone - only He doesn't communicate with each person in the same way.  Seriously, would He talk with Peter exactly the way He would talk with John?  No. There's a lesson there.
  • Wonder if that is Rob singing the "doo doo's" on "On Saturday".
  • Don't feel as loose as last week - but, I just need to do one more 3 mile loop.
  • STOP!  Niiiiiice . . . moving van.  At STOP SIGNS one stops.  Or, in your case, doesn't.
  • Feel a bit slower than last week. 
  • Not sure what to wear to the race next week, I'm feeling kind of hot since the sun came out.
  • Must get my computer back so I can sync my iPod for next week.  Can NOT run without music.
I finished my run at 1:52:22.  10.51 pace.  Last week was a 10.37 pace.  Not too shabby since I usually run long distances at an 11.00 pace. 

I'll keep the runs shorter next week - a 3 or a 5.  Anxious to tackle this baby on the 16th.

Ok, I'm battling and BEATING my giants.

You?

No comments:

Post a Comment