CLICK TO JOIN ME OVER AT TEAM BEACHBODY!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let's Start At The Very Beginning

Fresh off that fantastic 10 mile run last week, my family flew to Texas for a wedding.

I knew I wouldn't have a chance to exercise while there, and that I would be stuffing my face full of tex mex and wedding fare.  (BTW, the cake was red velvet - not traditional for a wedding, but it was AMAZING).

See, I even plan my binges.

It started at Saturday night's rehearsal dinner where I downed bowl after bowl of freshly fried corn chips, enchiladas, tiny tacos, appetizer after appetizer and, as luck would have it, all you can drink margarita's.

Did I mention that I'm a Team Beachbody Coach?

We returned on Tuesday and I've yet to come out of my stupor.

Overeating affects me so much worse now than it did before I began my fitness journey back in April.  Remember that special day?  Just like a drug, once I've indulged in an over the top manner, the desire for crappy food lingers.  It lies to me, whispering sweet nothing's in my ear as it manipulates me into thinking I NEED it.  Everything that I've worked so hard to remove from my diet begins to look even more delicious.  And yet, I know the truth.

The truth is that I have felt "off" all week long due to my diet.

Only, I've got a half-marathon to run on Saturday.  In a moment of panic I called my husband at work for I've got some serious fear going on about the race - no doubt fueled by the fact that I just don't feel well.

"You are more than prepared, Jo.  You can totally do it.  This should be a rest week for you."

Ok.  Breathing.  Eating clean tomorrow.  Race is Saturday.

On Monday, I'm going back to the beginning.

I'm going to return to that program which first gave me success.

I'm going for Round Two of ChaLEAN Extreme.

I hung with ChaLEAN from April-June.  Starting Monday I will begin Round Two.  From now until the first few weeks of January I will hang with Chalene because I felt GREAT while on that program and I want to revisit that feeling. Especially after this past week.

"Let's start at the very beginning.  A very good place to start.  When you read you begin with A, B, C.  When you lift you begin with Phase 1, 2, 3!"

P90X is still in my sights.  Maybe in late January?

No comments:

Post a Comment